Wednesday 2 April 2014

IT IS PUBLIC LAND! LEAVE OUR REC ALONE!

I see that the Bath Rugby plans to take over more public land at the Rec have been thwarted. I am a defender of the Recreation ground as an asset for the people of Bath. When I was a boy I ran at sports days there, watched Somerset cricket and enjoyed the open space in the middle of our beautiful City.

Bath Rugby is a private sports Club and it seeks to appropriate the people's land.

Thank goodness the Tribunal defends our interests.

It would certainly help if the Rugby Club didn't see that space as exclusively theirs. If they were open to other sports they might get more sympathy. The new stadium should be available to Bath City FC on favourable terms for significant matches in my view.

I am not a nimby but I will fight to defend public interests over private greed.

City's draw at Sutton was a good result and showed that we are close to the top teams. It has been really frustrating that we have dropped points at Havant and now Sutton (to a 90th minutes equaliser) as we would have surely still been in play off contention with other teams dropping points around us. But we have not quite been good enough. Adie Britton pinpointed the 12 draws and  rightly said that we should have won six of those. Our season really would have ended in the playoffs then. We have to be stronger mentally next season.

I hate season's that end in this way. 5 games to go and all we can do is study the squad and try and carry something into the start of next season.

I find it hard to get excited about the Somerset Cup but Tuesday's defeat to Taunton Town was farcical. Judging by the comments on the Fan's Forum the 116 who watched the game got confirmation that Ross Stearn may be a talented player but appears divisive, that the midfield is a problem for us and that maybe we shouldn't bother with this competition!

I have an apology to make to Dave Pratt. A couple of weeks ago he wasn't in my retained list. Now he firmly is. He is back scoring goals to go alongside his  incredible work rate. He is top scorer with 15 in all competitions. I think he can score more next season and carry us to promotion. There's a turnaround for you!

City are back at home this coming Saturday against Eastbourne, one of only 3 home games left. I don't know what else to say about the game really given what I said above.

I really do think we need some key changes in the Summer it will be more of the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment